Caramel Pear Cheesecake – Erin Donohoe, WCTC
5 oz. Graham crackers, crushed
3 oz. pecans, crushed
4 oz. granulated sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 oz. unsalted butter
4 oz. Cream cheese
2 oz. sugar
1 oz. Water
1.5 oz. caramel, plus 1.5 oz. for bottom of tart
5 oz. heavy cream
4 d’ajour pears, peeled and sliced
2 oz. Rum
4 oz. Water
4 oz. sugar
1. Combine the crushed graham crackers, pecans, sugar’ and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
2. Drizzle in the melted butter, stirring until the crumbs are evenly moistened.
3. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of tart pans.
4. Bake the shells at 350 degrees until the crumbs have toasted slightly and the crust has firmed, about 10 to 12 minutes.
5. While the shells are cooking, soften cream cheese until the cheese is 90 degrees.
6. Boil the sugar and Water 1 minute. Remove from the heat and cool, then mix in the cream cheese and caramel.
7. Whip the cream to soft peaks. Fold the cream into the cheese mixture.
8. Meanwhile, melt butter in pan over medium heat. Add sliced pears, sugar and cinnamon. Cook until pears have softened. Add a splash of rum and cook until nearly all the liquid has been absorbed.
9. Combine water and sugar over medium heat to create a simple syrup.
10. Drizzle caramel into tart shells. Fill with cream cheese mousse and top with pears. Brush simple syrup over the top.